New York Patient Information
Medical Marijuana has finally come to New York! Now you can see a doctor thru a HIPAA compliant Tele-health platform from the privacy of your home. You will be evaluated and certified by a New York State licensed Practioner who has specialized training in the use of medical marijuana and is registered by the New York State Department of Health to evaluate the efficacy and safety of medical marijuana for your medical condition.
As a medical patient from New York, you should be aware of the regulations & qualifying conditions in the New York Compassionate Use Act.
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Chronic Pain
- Huntington’s Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Spinal Cord Damage
What do you do AFTER you get your Medical Marijuana certification??
- Once certified, patients may login to https://my.ny.gov/. Patients who do not have an NY.gov account will need to click the “Don’t have an Account?” button to create a personal NY.gov ID first. For step-by-steps instructions on how to create a My.NY.gov account, click here for instructions.
- Click the “Health Applications” icon, and then click the “Medical Marijuana Data Management System” link to register and get step-by-step instructions on how to register as a patient or caregiver, select the “HELP” link within the Medical Marijuana Data Management System or click here for instructions.
Patients will be required to provide proof of their identity and residency .during the application process if they are temporarily residing in New York State for purposes of receiving care and treatment in in the state, Click here for additional information regarding required documentation.
Proof of temporary residence in New York State, including, but not limited to a copy of a lease, utility bill, hospital bill, etc. If the applicant is under the age of eighteen, the parent or legal guardian applying on behalf of the applicant shall submit a copy of such.
- Once a patient or caregiver’s registration is processed, the Department will mail a registry identification card (ID card) directly to the patient or caregiver. Registrations expire when the certification that was issued by the practitioner expires.
- Patients must bring their registry ID cards and their certifications to a registered organization’s dispensing facility in order to purchase approved medical marijuana products. Designated caregivers obtaining medical marijuana on behalf of their patients must bring their caregiver registry identification cards and their patients’ certifications to the dispensing facility.
New York Practitioners Do Not Take Walk-ins, We Are By Appointment Only
Brooklyn Office: Nurse Practitioner, Adult Board Certified
570 Ocean Pkwy, Brooklyn, NY 11218
Phone: 877 765-0109 11 am to 9 pm EST